Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I went to the woods..."

Have you ever come across a quote that when you read it your heart skipped, your breath got caught because the words, the sentiment, resonated so deeply within your soul that you wanted to memorize the words and make them your own?

Here is mine.

"I went to the woods because I wished to lived deliberately.
To front only the essentials facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach,
and not, when I came to die, discover I had not lived."
~ Henry David Thoreau.

I ordered a canvas of the quote...before the first logs were even stacked.

I know disappearing into the middle of the woods might not be for everyone, but I think discovering the most important parts of our lives is.



5 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! Mine is: In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful quote. It was a great idea to have the canvas made so that you can be reminded often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Michelle - it's so pretty! And I love Thoreau and that quote, too! Thoreau is one of my favorite people to quote from.:) It's perfect for your cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice! Great idea to put it on canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very inspiring, Michelle. We live in a rural area on 14 acres but still close to civilization. Since I became unemployed, I am learning to live with less luxury items and more with what means something to me. I have found that by learning to be thrifty and frugal, I have stopped to enjoy life instead of running in front of it. You have a new follower now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...