Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Winter's Dream, Spring's Scheme: Backyard Reno Part 1

The  hydrangeas are hibernating.



The pitcher that is  usually filled with their beautiful blooms has evergreens for winter now.


Everything is as it should be in my little corner of the universe in the middle of winter.

I've pulled out the gardening books and I am pouring through the seed catalogs. I am dreaming and scheming for spring. I can't help it...I do this every winter and the fire in my imagination and the glow of possibility always help keep me warm. I think I would be an awful gardener if I didn't have the winter to plot, plan and then start all over again.



This year while I'm dreaming and scheming, I thought I'd share a little stroll down memory lane too. Here is some of our backyard renovation six years in the making.




The back of our cottage, six years ago.
Not much of an explanation needed, it was falling down...it was hideous...it HAD TO GO.

Enter the men with the tools. Big...bad...POWER TOOLS.



Now you know men and their tools, right?
 So it won't be a shock when you see that the tools got just a little bit bigger as time went on.


As you can probably tell this is a Saga
(Also the Part I in the title gave it away too, huh?)
 So I'll just skip a little bit ahead for now.


In the future, I will write all about the new paver patio...



...and the new deck.
Of course this isn't the "Final Reveal" photo...this is only Part 1.

I hope whatever it is you are dreaming or scheming for this spring and summer, your wishes will help to keep you warm all winter long.


Linking to these wonderful parties:







7 comments:

  1. You have a darling home. Anxious to see the paver patio...happy seed hunting..hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks like some great renovations are afoot here! It will be fun to see the final reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that pave patio is so nice! I have been wanting to rehab my patio too! Nice pictures and great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Everyone loves a make-over! I think your hydrangea plant even looks pretty in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have a beautiful deck to enjoy more outdoor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like wonderful yard renovation. Your deck and pavers are looking good. Can't wait to see the finished renovation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the finished product.
    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...