Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beauty and the Beast Breakfast

By far my favorite Disney princess has always been Belle. With "her nose stuck in a book" and her ability to see true beauty within, what's not to love? So when I first saw they were rereleasing the movie in 3D, I knew taking the girls was a must. With Chirstmas over and our elf-on-the-shelf back in the North Pole, I was missing some of that morning magic so I decided to suprise the girls with a special breakfast to announce our movie trip. You should have seen the looks of pure astonishment and giddiness when they came downstairs on an ordinary Friday morning to see the dining room table all adorned for a special breakfast.


Our Lumiere-esque sign read, "It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you this morning as your Mommy proudly presents your Breakfast."


For breakfast, the girls dined on vanilla yogurt with strawberries cut in the shape of enchanted roses...


...and cranberry-orange mini-muffins in rose paper cups.


I decorated the table with an enchanted rose and mirror and piles of vintage books.


Mrs. Potts, Chip and Lumiere also joined the festivities.

The girls also recieved new Belle t-shirts to wear to the movies and a little goodie box with a Belle pez dispenser and candy inside.


The buffet was set up for our after-movie treat: a new Belle nightgown for each girl and special snack, a Beauty and the Beast cake.




Each girl had her own Belle on the cake (when you're a twin- it's all about the fairness.)


The movie itself was as magical as I had remembered it. The 3D effects were stunning and the girls were mesmerized the entire time. My favorite part of the day however, was as when we were tucking them in and I heard, "Mommy, this was the best day ever!" 


Catch me partying here  !

2 comments:

  1. Oh so sweet and very creative!! Maybe when my granddaughters are old enough this would be a great event!! thanks for posting.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding! You created something you all will remember for the rest of your lives...well done! V

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...