Sunday, March 20, 2011

Outdoor Shower Dreaming

Mr.Cabin went up to the cabin this weekend- the first trip of the year.  I have been sitting home insanely jealous that he is there and we are not. The first time he usually goes by himself to make sure everything was ok over the winter. This time he was also delivering a trailer full of wood to build our new wood shed with.  I am not too upset about missing lifting all of that heavy timber. Then he called to say he arrived safely but that the truck and trailer are now stuck in the snow- really happy I am missing that entire catastrophe altogether too.

So while I wait for Mr.Cabin to un-stick himself and return home, I have been thinking about what the new wood shed will mean. Tools out of the living room- woo hoo! It also means that once the wood shed is built we can also build our outdoor shower. I will probably get in trouble here for thinking ten steps ahead- there is a good chance it won't even get built this year-but I can't help dreaming anyway.

Last summer when we had our whole extended family camping with us, we set up a little outdoor shower area using a pop-up canopy tent, shower curtians and a camp shower. Everyone loved it. There is nothing quite like taking a shower in the great outdoors. So I have been scheming ever since to build a more permanent structure. Of course while I was originally scheming, the shower was not going to include a bath tub....but look at how incredible all of these inspiration photos are. A girl can dream.


                                 




















16 comments:

  1. Michelle, what a great idea and those are some great inspirational pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking! Love this post...thank you for linking up to Whassup Wednesday! Hope to see you tomorrow:)

    xoxokara

    Im now following you, would love to have you follow me;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found you at Whassup Wednesday! what a fun idea,love it! You should go over to Nesting Place, she is hosting a National (Not Really) Take a Risk Day.
    Love this post.
    Drop by for a visit. http://anangloinquebec.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE OUTDOOR SHOWERS!! I want one at my house, too! Thanks for sharing the pictures! I love the idea of the tub, too. It seems like it would be so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love an outdoor shower, but that photo of a galvanized tub sets my imagination into overdrive...can't wait to see what you come up with...would love for you to link this to fridays unfolded tomorrow...now following!

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  6. just saw that i'm your 100th follower!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous inspirations and such a neat idea!! An outdoor tub would be amazing~ Thanks for sharing ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea. You have found a lot inspirations for your project. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad you decided to come over and link up...have a wonderful weekend dreaming of outdoor plumbing...;)

    blessings,

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a terrific post! I have thought of how wonderful it would be to have an outdoor tub at Brambly. We live on a creek and it would be just perfect. Thank you for giving me some inspirational photos to mull over in my head this weekend. If you get a chance, drop by and visit me.

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. How divine to bathe in one of those footed tub in the outdoors on a warm day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I adore your outdoor shower~ swoon!

    I am currently hosting an auction of vintage and antique linen treasures. Stop by and take a peek.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stopping back by to say thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you SO MUCH for linking up to WHASSUP WEDNESDAY!!! Great entry:)

    Hope to see you next Wednesday!

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think an outdoor shower SHOULD include a bathtup!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I grew up using an outdoor shower at my aunt and uncle's beach cabin. Coolest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...